Questions regarding international travel involving students should be directed to the Education Abroad Office on your campus.
Travelers who travel with students when the students are:
- Members of the Board of Regents;
- Members of an official University committee, which is traveling on University business, approved by the Chancellor’s or President’s office;
- Participants of field trips conducted as part of an approved instructional program;
- Participants in Education Abroad trips and programs; or,
- Representatives of the University such as members of performing groups, teams or research groups.
Travelers should also be familiar with and follow respective campus policies concerning travel with students and comply with Executive Memorandum No. 25.
Travelers may submit expenses associated with student travel for reimbursement including but not limited to transportation, food and lodging. However, a list of students must be included with the request for proper reimbursement. A group travel card is available for travelers who travel with students. Please see the Group Travel Card Policy for more information.
- Procedures for obtaining transportation for students on official University travel are the same as for other University travelers except that, because of the liability, the use of personally owned vehicles will not be approved. Refer to the Driving and Motor Vehicle policy site for additional information, including online forms.
- For all international travel involving students, the traveler must contact the campus Global Engagement/Education Abroad Office and follow respective campus and insurance policies associated with international travel with students.