Make reservation(s) with a phone call to Travel & Transport, the university’s travel management company. International flights cannot be booked through the Concur booking tool.
International travel destinations require additional approval and will automatically be routed to the required personnel. Be as specific as possible when entering details regarding the final destination.
- International accommodations booked with Travel & Transport will not automatically appear in a travel request. Airfare, lodging and car rental should be manually entered in the segments tab of the travel request whenever applicable.
- In the event the trip is 100% paid from another source and it is anticipated no expenses reimbursements will be claimed by the traveler, utilizing Travel and Transport is encouraged, but not required. However, the traveler is still required to create a travel request in Concur prior to the trip
Once the international travel request is approved and the booking arrangements have been made, the traveler should receive e-mail messages that are customized to the trip, its destinations, and countries in route. Some examples would be:
- Instructions about signing up for University-provided emergency evacuation insurance.
- U.S. State Department and Center for Disease Control websites that highlight current risks and countries on high alert status.
- Export control law information and guidance.
The University-issued purchasing card (known as a “P-card”) is available to pre-pay for conference registrations. Other travel expenses must be pre-approved by the traveler’s respective campus purchasing card office before a traveler may use a P-card for travel purchases. These purchases must also comply with the University Purchasing Card Policy with the traveler’s respective campus amendments.
Purpose: The university values the ability to know how and when to assist international travelers when circumstances change, especially during the course of travel. Travel & Transport tracks all reservations purchased from their system and can efficiently notify both travelers and the university of potential remedies to dangerous situations, and assist in medical emergency evacuations.