UnitedHealthcare Global - NU International Travel Insurance Provider
The University of Nebraska has established an international travel insurance policy through UnitedHealthcare Global. Benefits-eligible and temporary employees are automatically covered by this policy when they travel outside of the United States on University of Nebraska business. University of Nebraska students, including student employees and graduate assistants, traveling internationally on trips associated with the University should contact the Education Abroad office on their campus to purchase coverage before their departure.
Benefits When Traveling to Hawaii and Alaska
- All registered employees traveling to Hawaii or Alaska on University business can purchase benefits for medical evacuation. Detailed information can be found within the UnitedHealthcare Welcome Kit (page 18).
- Obtain travel insurance for $0.60 per day when traveling to Hawaii or Alaska. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the traveler's full name, home address, and travel dates. An invoice will be submitted for the daily rate.
International Travel Resources
- Resources regarding the novel coronavirus in China: UNL news and UNO news.
- U.S. Department of State Country Information: A free service that provides detailed information about countries and travel advisories provided by the US Federal.
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP): a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Travel Advisories & Risk Alerts: featured on a web-based portal, provided by Riskline/Concur, including a summary of important safety and security information for a given destination.
- University of Nebraska travel advice for those traveling to areas where the Zika virus is present.
- If traveling with or using funds from a federal grant, refer to the Fly America Act or contact campus grants accounting office.
- UNL Passport Services: open to all faculty, staff and students.
- U.S. Passports - Department of State
- CIBTvisas: travel visa and passport services
- Mobile Passport: enables U.S. citizens to save time during the entry process at most major U.S. airports and cruise ports.