Meals (including tip) is no longer an expense type when creating an expense report. Refer to the Quick Reference Guides (QRGs) listed below for guidance:
- Per Diem and Meal Expenses Frequently Asked Questions
- Per Diem Meals with a Travel Request
- Per Diem for Meal Expenses
- eTutorial: Per Diem for Meal Expenses (Multi-Day Trip) [1 min, 46 sec]
Change to the One Day Travel expense reports: the traveler will have to input the expected reimbursable amount(s) based on the meal calculation QRG listed below.
- Expense Report for One-Day Trip
- One-Day Trip Meal Calculations: Including Selected Common Destinations
- eTutorial: Per Diem for Meal Expenses (One-Day Trip) [2 min, 18 sec]
Travel arrangers can use Domestic Per Diem Calculations (excel) and Domestic Per Diem One-Day Calculations (excel) to calculate per diem for visiting personnel. Note: visiting personnel must abide by the University's per diem model for meal reimbursement.