The Nebraska Research Initiative is an investment by the State of Nebraska to provide a research base within the University of Nebraska to enhance economic growth in business and industry, agriculture, social services and health care.
Research conducted with NRI funding is focused on the following areas:
- Nanotechnology and Materials Science
- Water and Environmental Management
- Sustainable and Renewable Energy
- Molecular Genetics
- Biomedical Sciences
- Basic and Applied Plant/Animal Life Sciences
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Development and Management of Information Systems
All full-time faculty members of the University of Nebraska are eligible to apply for NRI faculty research funding. Annual total funding for all NRI projects averages $11 million.
Grant Opportunities and Reporting:
- Collaboration Initiative (2019-2020 RFA)
- Reporting: Collaboration Initiative (2016-2017 RFA, 2017-2018 RFA, 2018-2019 RFA)
For additional information, please contact Dr. David Jackson, Vice Provost at (402) 472-0075 or firstname.lastname@example.org