The Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost (EVPP) supports the duties and functions associated with the University of Nebraska's chief academic officer (who is also Dean of the Graduate College).
Key functions of the office include:
- Administering and coordinating the processes associated with all academic program and organizational unit approvals
- Coordinating and communicating with the Board of Regents and the Nebraska Coordinating Commission on Post-secondary Education on academic matters
- Administering, in conjunction with the faculty Executive Graduate Council and campus-based Graduate Studies Deans, the University of Nebraska’s Graduate College
- Administering the President’s Excellence Awards
- Formulating and administering faculty grant programs funded by the Nebraska Research Initiative
- Facilitating and fostering system-wide collaborations with the campus chief academic officers and senior research administrators
- Administration of system-wide scholarships
- Coordination of a system-wide export control and compliance system
The Office of the EVPP also is the administrative home for the University of Nebraska's financial system (SAP), Institutional Research, and the NU/NE State College System's Student Information System (NeSIS). The office supports the NU Export Control Director, the NU Assistant VP for Global Engagement, the NU Associate VP for P-16, and the NU Assistant VP for Diversity, Access, and Inclusion.