COVID-19 UPDATE: NU is open. Faculty/staff are working in-person and campuses are open for in-person learning this spring.MORE INFO
Executive Memorandum No. 7
Guidelines for Granting Appointments to Academic-Administrative Staff Positions in Accordance with Sections 220.127.116.11 of the Bylaws of the Board of Regents
The following persons shall be members of the academic-administrative staff:
- Persons with academic rank who hold a continuous appointment, or who hold an appointment for a specific term (as defined in Section 4.4.2 of the Bylaws of the Board of Regents), or whose primary assignment is teaching, research, or academic public service. For purposes of this memorandum, academic rank is defined as:
- Assistant Instructor, Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor
- equivalent academic rank as specifically approved by the Board of Regents (such as those in the Cooperative Extension Service and the Nebraska Forest Service in the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources); and
- postdoctoral research associates or research affiliates.
- Persons holding the positions of President, Vice President, Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, Dean, Corporation Secretary or General Counsel and persons holding positions bearing these same titles modified by the terms “Assistant” or “Associate.” Persons holding positions as “Assistant to” the foregoing positions are not included in this category.
- Directors (or equivalent administrators) who report directly to a President, Vice President, Chancellor, or Vice Chancellor.
- Directors (or equivalent administrators) who hold academic rank, and who report to a Dean or above, and who supervise units the primary purpose of which is teaching, research, or academic public service.
- Persons with academic rank who hold the positions of Director of Athletics, Assistant Director of Athletics, Head Coach, and Assistant Coach.
Exceptions to this policy may only be made with the approval of the President. Such approval must be secured before the position is advertised or represented in any way as an academic-administrative position.
Approved by the president of the University of Nebraska on April 26, 1978.
Revised by the President of the University of Nebraska on January 7, 1980 and January 6, 1981.
Approved by the Board of Regents on January 17, 1981.