One of the great privileges of our jobs is recognizing your exceptional work in advancing the University of Nebraska’s missions of teaching, research and service. Great faculty are the lifeblood of any university, and we’re fortunate to have some of the very best serving across our campuses.
Each year the University of Nebraska presents the President’s Excellence Awards, our most prestigious honors for success in the classroom, the laboratory and in our campus and broader communities.
Nominations are now open for these university-wide awards. We encourage you to take this opportunity to nominate a colleague, department or unit whose work merits public recognition for the significant impact it has had on students, the university and the state.
Individual faculty winners are awarded $10,000 each, a presidential medallion and an engraved plaque. The departmental winner receives $25,000 to support its instructional mission. Recipients of the Inclusive Excellence Collaboration Award receive $25,000 to support diversity, access and inclusion efforts.
All winners, who are chosen by panels of their peers, are honored at a luncheon in the spring hosted by the two of us and attended by senior leaders and colleagues from across the university.
Nomination criteria, information on past winners and instructions are all available on our awards webpage. All nominations are due Nov. 30, 2020.
- Outstanding Teaching and Instructional Creativity Award (OTICA): Recognizes up to two individual faculty members who have demonstrated meritorious and sustained records of excellence and creativity in teaching.
- Inclusive Excellence Collaboration Award (IECA): Recognizes sustained, outstanding contributions in diversity and inclusion between two or more University of Nebraska academic and/or administrative units or campuses that move the university system toward inclusive excellence.
- Innovation, Development and Engagement Award (IDEA): Recognizes up to two faculty members who have extended their academic expertise beyond the boundaries of the university in ways that have enriched the broader community.
- University-wide Departmental Teaching Award (UDTA): Recognizes a department or unit within the university that has made a unique and significant contribution to the teaching efforts of the university and which has outstanding esprit de corps in its dedication to the education of students at the undergraduate, graduate or professional level.
- Outstanding Research and Creative Activity Award (ORCA): Recognizes up to two individual faculty members for outstanding research or creative activity of national or international significant.
Thank you for joining with us to recognize excellence at the University of Nebraska. We are honored to serve among such talented colleagues.
President, University of Nebraska System