Women Advance IT is an IT leadership conference that will be held at the Nebraska Innovation Campus in Lincoln, Nebraska, on October 18-19, 2017, presented by Information Technology Services at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and University of Nebraska Online. This conference focuses on and explores issues and opportunities for women in information technology—from recruiting to developing to retaining future leaders.
Keynote speakers for this conference include:
- John O'Brien, President and CEO, Educause
- Ana Hunsinger, Vice President, Community Engagement, Internet2
- Brad McLain, Social Scientist, National Center for Women in Information Technology
- Lawrence Chatters, Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator, Husker Athletics
- Liza Mundy, New York Times Best Selling Author
- Kristi Johnson, Assistant Special Agent in Charge, FBI-Omaha Field Office
- Rick Haugerud, Assistant Vice President, Chief Information Security Officer, University of Nebraska
- James Kastle, Vice President Information Technology, Chief Information Security Officer, ConAgra Foods, Inc.
The conference features four keynotes with more than 25 additional presentations highlighting leadership, women in IT, diversity and emerging technology.