The Online Learning Consortium (OLC), Quality Matters (QM), University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA), and the WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET) have released a joint statement on the spread of COVID-19 and academic continuity planning.
As many Universities have transitioned to remote learning, these organizations offer advice and resources to help through the transition:
- Acknowledge differences in face-to-face courses migrating online in an emergency vs. courses designed to be online.
- Provide faculty with needed academic, design and technical support.
- Help students access the technologies they need.
- Ensure that all educational materials and activities are accessible for all students.
- Expand academic support services in the online environment.
- Don’t judge the effectiveness of online learning based solely on the outcomes of face-to-face courses migrated online in an emergency.
To read the whole article and view the resources, visit wcet.wiche.edu.