Spend the day on the University of Nebraska Medical Center campus for OLC Collaborate. This event, co-hosted by the University of Nebraska Online Worldwide, was created to connect health science education professionals, educators and administrators. You’ll hear from experts as well as collaborate with your fellow peers on solving issues in online learning in the health science education environment.
The day involves three main sessions covering Technology and Pedagogy, Equity and Access and Education Innovation. Attendees will take a deep look at the challenges and impact of online learning in health science education. Presentations will be followed by facilitator-led discussions that allow participants to delve into each topic in greater detail.
Schedule of the day:
- 7:30 – 8:15 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
- 8:15 – 8:30 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. General Session I: How Do We Support Adoption of Innovative, Technological-Driven Models of Education Within Health Professions?
- Paige McDonald, PhD, Director of the Core Curriculum in Health Sciences and Program Director for the HSCI Program with Health Sciences George Washington University
- 9:15 – 10:00 a.m. Breakout Sessions
- 10:15 – 10:45 a.m. General Session II: Equity and Access to Education: Board Accreditation Standards Using Educational Technology to Support Accreditation
- Andrew Patterson, MD, PhD, University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Medicine ACGME Anesthesiology Review Committee
- Amber Donnelly, PhD, University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Allied Health Professions Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs
- Kim Michael, MA, RT(R), RDMS, RVT, University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Allied Health Professions
- Zara Risoldi, PharmD, MS, FASCP, Associate Director, Center for Drug Information & Evidence-Based Practice, Creighton University, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
- Teresa Barry Hultquist, PhD, On-site Evaluation Team Member (Reviewer) for the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Nursing
- David Shaw, PhD, PhD, Pre-doctoral basic biomedical sciences and research site visitor for the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Dentistry
- 11:00 – 11:45 a.m. Breakout Sessions
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch and Networking
- 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. General Session III: Innovation: A 3-D Printed Hand Named The Cyborg Beast
- Jorge M. Zuniga, PhD, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- 1:30-3:00 p.m. Innovation in Teaching with Technology Showcase
- 3:00 – 3:45 p.m. OLC Collaborate Panel: Education in 2027. A regional response: Culmination of the day’s thinking and invitation to continue the collaboration – An open forum on topics predetermined by attendees during lunch.
- 3:45 – 4:00 p.m. Program Wrap Up.