The University of Nebraska Online offers more than 125 online programs in partnership with the four campuses of the University of Nebraska. Among the many online programs and degree levels, 30+ programs offer certificates which provide a special opportunity for future students, including:
- Special distinction in the career field of their choosing.
- A build-your-own-program.
- A chance for students to explore their field of interest with no selection restrictions.
- Educational credential in a shorter time frame than a full degree.
- Earn credits that may apply to a bachelor’s or master’s program.
- Simultaneous enrollment in a certificate program and another program of the student’s choosing.
Joey Cadek always knew he wanted to help people in some way. That’s how he ended up in the Family Studies major. When his grandparents became ill, Cadek helped take care of them and that’s when his interest in studying gerontology was sparked. While registering for his final semester at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, Cadek’s advisor told him about the Certificate in Gerontology from the University of Nebraska at Omaha. Cadek realized he could earn the certificate online while completing his undergraduate degree. About his certificate, Cadek said, “I treat this certificate like an endorsement in Gerontology—almost like a concentration within my degree.” He continued, adding, “It made me more qualified for the job during the application process and the classes I took through the certificate program definitely gave me the knowledge to excel in my position.”
University of Nebraska online programs are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Many programs also carry prestigious accreditation or recognition specific to their field. For more information about the 125+ online programs offered by the University of Nebraska, visit online.nebraska.edu.