The NeSIS Team provides functional and technical support for the Student Information System used by all University of Nebraska campuses and Nebraska State Colleges and supports, manages and/or interfaces with over fifty services and systems, including:
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions - The system of record for all student information including Student Records, Student Financials, Financial Aid, Student Admissions and Academic Advising.
- NeSIS Enterprise Tools - A custom toolset that provides campuses with a way to create a customized student/faculty/advisor user experience and customized electronic forms and workflow to gather information electronically and streamline business processes.
- WebFOCUS - Data analytics tools used to transform data into report and dashboard to provide customizable and actionable information to assist with analysis and decision making.
- EMS (Event Management System) - EMS is used by six University and State Colleges to manage and produce their academic room schedule and for campus-wide event scheduling, including catering and other resources.
- Sunapsis - An international student and scholar case management software that allows for efficient and secure processing of documents to ensure that students, scholars and employees are kept in compliance with immigration requirements.
NeSIS is comprised of four teams:
AMP - Application Management of PeopleSoft
- Develop autonomous management of maintenance of PeopleSoft and related NeSIS systems.
- Identify and prepare NeSIS for future enhancements.
- Promote system security and system availability.
STAMP - Security and Technical Application Management of PeopleSoft
- Authentication - Ensure users can authenticate into the system in a secure and timely manner.
- Authorization - Guarantee that users have the appropriate access at the right time to multiple components/modules/parts of the Nebraska Student Information System. Components include: pages, data, datasets, reports, integration modules and utilities.
- Compliance - Enforce security best practices regarding federal and state mandates, internal and external auditing and technology-related items.
- Quality Control - Perform self-assessment regarding security practices following a continuous improvement model.
- Support - Provide support for campus functional offices including troubleshooting issues, communicating changes and coordinating testing of system maintenance and enhancements. Serve as liaison between campus functional offices and NeSIS/ITS staff.
- Documentation - Create a written record of processes including functional specifications, business process guides and user documentation.
- Education - Educate campus functional offices on processes, tools and changes within the NeSIS system.
- Efficiency - Design solutions that increase efficiency in business processes, use data appropriately and are efficient in development and deployment.
TAST - Technical Application Support Team
- Create solutions that use scalable, supportable and flexible architectures, so customer value is maximized and alignment with ITS, campuses and NeSIS's strategies is always considered.
- Practice a continuous improvement model to review current application development practices, minimize time to customer and maximize value for customers.
- Ensure that application development follows security best practices, includes performance considerations and provides strategies to provide feedback for early diagnosis.
- Provide production support for systems managed by NeSIS.