The NeBIS Team provides functional and technical support for the Business Information System for the University of Nebraska and State College System. NeBIS supports, manages, and/or interfaces with numerous services and systems, including:
- SAP: the system of record for all activity in key areas such as Human Resources, Accounting, Grants, Fixed Assets, Procurement, Payroll, Time Tracking, and Accounts Payable.
- Firefly: the business portal for all campuses and colleges. Firefly includes Employee Self Service (ESS) and My Staff (MSS), as well as starting points for many job functions. Firefly is the local branding of the SAP Portal and provides an interface for SAP system activities.
- Concur: the travel application where employees from each campus and college utilize the same travel tools. All travel requests, expense reports, and approvals are processed through Concur.
- eSHOP: a web-based eProcurement system for placing orders to preferred and contracted suppliers, with automated workflow approval routing, electronic invoicing and spend tracking analysis.
- NIS: State of Nebraska Information System which supports the administrative business activity for state agencies, including the University of Nebraska.
NeBIS team supports both the functional and technical operations across nine application areas: