The University of Nebraska System has decided to move forward with full implementation of YuJa as our video content management solution replacement of VidGrid. VidGrid will remain available for use through the Spring 2023 semester.
YuJa is an all-in-one video experience to securely create, manage, discover, and collaborate video content across any device.
For a period of time, both YuJa and VidGrid are available for use.
- YuJa is currently available for users
- VidGrid will remain available for use through the Spring 2023 semester
Benefits of YuJa
Pilot participants provided the following benefits of using YuJa:
- All videos created or uploaded by faculty/staff are automatically machine captioned at 90-95% accuracy.
- Multiple viewing options for students
- Ability to create recording profiles to streamline the set up process in prep for recording
- Ability to splice videos together
- No restrictions on size of videos/files being uploaded
- Robust video editing capabilities
- Multiple video source recording
- Ability to embed engagement content directly into YouTube videos
- Ability to insert/replace PPT slide
- Variety of screen capture options
- Desktop application and browser recording functions
- Additional question type options and question branching capabilities
- Robust analytics
All videos created or uploaded by faculty to YuJa are automatically machine captioned at ~90-95% accuracate.
Professional / Human Captioning
Captioning is at 99%+ accuracy rate.
For more information, contact the Academic Technology team on your campus:
Canvas is the preferred access method for faculty and students
- YuJa is enabled in your Canvas courses. To disable YuJa in your Canvas course, go to Settings > Navigation > Disable YuJa
- This method provides the most robust reporting and analytics
- YuJa will need to be enabled by your instructor in your Canvas course
- If you wish to use YuJa, go to your campus portal
You can also access YuJa through your campus direct portal