The University of Nebraska Board of Regents will meet Thursday, June 23, 2022, at Varner Hall, 3835 Holdrege St. in Lincoln. The meeting will begin at 9 a.m. and will also be live-streamed at www.nebraska.edu. The meeting is open to the public.
A detailed agenda for the meeting is available here.
The meeting will include remarks from NU System President Ted Carter, who will report on progress and updates to the system-wide strategic plan he unveiled in 2020.
The Board will consider a resolution in support of a new statewide goal to increase the share of Nebraskans ages 25 to 34 who hold postsecondary credentials from 58 percent to 70 percent by 2030. The goal is outlined in LR 335, approved this year by the Nebraska Legislature.
Other items for the Board’s consideration include:
- Amendments to regents policy to grant resident tuition to members of a qualifying federal service (the armed services or the Foreign Service), in accordance with the National Defense Authorization Act passed in 2021. (Addendum XI-A-2)
- Creation of a bachelor’s degree in data science at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. (Addendum XI-A-3)
- Student fee rates for 2022-23. (Addenda XI-B-1, XI-B-2, XI-B-3 and XI-B-4)
- The operating budget and tuition rates for 2022-23 for the University of Nebraska and Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture. (Addenda XI-B-5 and XI-B-6)
- The program statement and budget for the Feedlot Innovation Center at UNL. (Addendum XI-B-9)
- Plans for building updates to the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry’s Lincoln facility, funded through the LB 384 deferred maintenance initiative. (Addendum XI-B-12)