UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA BOARD OF REGENTS TO MEET OCT. 25
The University of Nebraska Board of Regents will meet Friday, Oct. 25, 2019, at Varner Hall, 3835 Holdrege St. in Lincoln.
Committee meetings will begin at 9 a.m., leading off with a presentation about the work and impact of University of Nebraska faculty in agricultural and healthcare research. The Board meeting begins at 10:30 a.m. All meetings are open to the public. The meeting also will be audio-streamed live at www.nebraska.edu.
Highlights of the Board’s October meeting follow. A complete, detailed agenda is available here.
9 a.m.: Academic Affairs Committee
Topic: Plant, Animal and Cancer Care
Presenters: Dr. James Schnable, associate professor, Department of Agronomy and Horticulture, University of Nebraska-Lincoln; Dr. Galen Erickson, Nebraska Cattle Industry Professor of Animal Science, Department of Animal Science, UNL; and Dr. Allison Cushman-Vokoun, medical director, Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory, Nebraska Medicine, and associate professor, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center
10 a.m.: Business Affairs Committee
Topic: University Bond Financing Update
Presenter: Chris Kabourek, University of Nebraska vice president for business and finance and chief financial officer
10:30 a.m.: Board of Regents meeting
Items for the Board’s consideration include:
• The program statement for the new College of Engineering building at UNL. (Addendum IX-B-3)
• The program statements for North Stadium expansion and the outdoor track replacement at UNL. (Addendums IX-B-1 and IX-B-2)
• Acceptance of a gift and a change in the scope and budget for the Munroe-Meyer Institute facility replacement at UNMC. (Addendum IX-B-5)
• The program statement for renovation of the Durham Science Center at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. (Addendum IX-B-7)
• Formal designation of the Kearney University Village Campus and associated covenants, conditions and restrictions at the University of Nebraska at Kearney. (Addendums IX-B-8 and IX-B-9)
[No text in field]
Director of Communications,
University of Nebraska