UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA BOARD OF REGENTS TO MEET DEC. 5
The University of Nebraska Board of Regents will meet Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019, at Varner Hall, 3835 Holdrege St. in Lincoln.
The Academic Affairs Committee will meet at 8 a.m., followed by the Board meeting at 9 a.m. All meetings are open to the public. The meetings also will be audio-streamed live at www.nebraska.edu.
Highlights of the Board’s December meeting follow. A complete, detailed agenda is available here.
8 a.m.: Academic Affairs Committee
Topic: Center for Public Affairs Research on the Changing of Nebraska Demographics
Presenter: Josie Schafer, Ph.D., director, Center for Public Affairs Research, University of Nebraska at Omaha
Topic: Genetic Therapies for Infectious and Degenerative Diseases
Presenter: Howard Gendelman, M.D., Margaret R. Larson Professor of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases and chair of the Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center
9 a.m.: Board of Regents meeting
Items for the Board’s consideration include:
- The appointment of Vice Admiral Walter “Ted” Carter as the eighth president of the University of Nebraska. (Addendum IX-A-1)
- Residence hall room and board rates for academic years 2020-21 through 2022-23 at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Nebraska at Omaha, University of Nebraska at Kearney and Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture. (Addendum IX-B-1 through IX-B-4)
- Execution of a construction agreement for the Mabel Lee Hall replacement project at UNL. (Addendum IX-B-5)
- The ground lease and operations agreements to construct and lease a tennis facility with the City of Kearney. (Addendum IX-B-7)
- The program statement for renovation and expansion of the Barkley Memorial Center at UNL. (Addendum IX-B-8)
Director of Communications,
University of Nebraska