NU launches search for Vice President for University Affairs
University of Nebraska President Hank Bounds said today that he has initiated a national search for the next vice president for university affairs.
The vice president is a member of the president’s executive cabinet and is responsible for promoting positive relations and outcomes between the university and its many constituents. As the senior member of the university affairs team, the vice president oversees a unit responsible for state and federal governmental relations; strategic communications and marketing; and event planning.
The position has been held on an interim basis since July 2015 by Matt Hammons, NU’s director of federal relations.
Bounds has appointed a nine-member search committee, representing key units across NU’s four campuses with which the vice president for university affairs regularly interacts, to guide the search. The committee will be chaired by NU Executive Vice President and Provost Susan Fritz. Other committee members are:
- Bob Bartee, vice chancellor for external affairs, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Kelly Bartling, assistant vice chancellor for communications and community relations, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Archie Clutter, dean of the Agricultural Research Division, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Doug Kristensen, chancellor, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Jennifer Larsen, vice chancellor for research, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Carmen Maurer, corporation secretary and strategic adviser to the president, University of Nebraska
- Monica Norby, assistant vice chancellor for research, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- B.J. Reed, senior vice chancellor for academic and student affairs, University of Nebraska at Omaha
The complete job posting, including a detailed job description and information on how to apply, is available here. Nominations for the position may be sent to VPUASearch@nebraska.edu.
Director of Communications,
University of Nebraska