President Bounds names UNL chancellor search advisory committee
University of Nebraska President Hank Bounds has named an advisory committee to assist him in the search for the next chancellor of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Current Chancellor Harvey Perlman has announced his plans to step down in 2016 after leading UNL through an era of significant growth and progress.
The 24-member search advisory committee includes representatives of the faculty, staff, administration, student body, private sector and agricultural community – all key constituencies with whom the UNL chancellor regularly interacts. Committee members are:
- Lindsay Augustyn, outreach and communications coordinator, UNL Center for Science, Math and Computer Education
- John Bender, professor of news-editorial, College of Journalism and Mass Communications, and 2015-16 UNL Faculty Senate president
- Howard W. Buffett, lecturer at UNL and Columbia University
- Thien Chau, president, Association of Students of the University of Nebraska
- Ignacio Correas, graduate student, Nebraska Center for Virology and School of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Mike Dunlap, CEO, Nelnet
- Kathleen Farrell, chair and State Farm Professor of Finance, College of Business Administration
- Charlesette (“Charlie”) Foster, coordinator of outreach and innovative services, Counseling and Psychological Services at the University Health Center
- Joseph Francisco, dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Christine Jackson, vice chancellor for business and finance
- Martha Mamo, professor of agronomy and horticulture, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- JoAnn Martin, president and CEO, Ameritas Mutual Holding Company
- William Mueller, senior partner, Mueller Robak LLC
- Yunwoo Nam, associate professor of community and regional planning, College of Architecture
- Lance Perez, associate vice chancellor for academic affairs, dean of graduate studies and professor of electrical engineering
- Josephine (“Jo”) Potuto, Richard H. Larson Professor of Constitutional Law, College of Law
- Joann Ross, learning specialist, UNL Department of Athletics
- Jim Schild, Nebraska Extension educator and associate director, Panhandle Research and Extension Center
- Joe Selig, senior vice president for UNL development, University of Nebraska Foundation
- Susan Sheridan, George Holmes University Professor and director, Nebraska Center for Research on Children, Youth, Families and Schools
- Ben Steffen, Steffen Ag Inc.
- Ann Tschetter, assistant professor of practice, College of Arts and Sciences
- Amber Williams, director of admissions
- John Wirtz, chief product officer and co-founder, Hudl
The advisory committee will work with professional search firm Isaacson, Miller to identify, recruit and screen potential candidates. President Bounds will identify no fewer than four finalists who will participate in public forums and university visits that will provide opportunities for key constituents and members of the public to meet the individuals and offer feedback.
Nebraskans are invited to share their thoughts now on the search by completing a survey here. Public input from the survey will inform the development of a job description and candidate profile for the next chancellor.
The appointment of the next chancellor will be made by the president, subject to approval by the Board of Regents.
Director of Communications,
University of Nebraska