NU BOARD OF REGENTS TO MEET SEPT. 19
The University of Nebraska Board of Regents will meet Friday, Sept. 19, at Varner Hall, 3835 Holdrege St. in Lincoln. Committee meetings begin at 8 a.m. and the Board meeting begins at 10 a.m. All meetings are open to the public. Meetings also will be audio-streamed live at www.nebraska.edu.
Following are highlights of the September Board meeting. A complete agenda is available here.
8 a.m.: Academic Affairs Committee
Moderator: University of Nebraska Interim President James Linder, M.D.
Topic: Nebraska Innovation Campus
Presenters: University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Nebraska Innovation Campus Executive Director Dan Duncan
Topic: Rural Futures Institute
Presenter: Rural Futures Institute Executive Director Chuck Schroeder
Topic: National Strategic Research Institute
Presenters: Interim President Linder and Kenneth Bayles, associate vice chancellor for basic science research at the University of Nebraska Medical Center
Topic: Strategic Framework Report – Need-Based Financial Aid and Merit-Based Scholarships
Presenter: Pete Lipins, NU institutional research senior analyst
10 a.m.: Board of Regents meeting
The Board will be asked to approve:
· Creation of the School of Music and the School of the Arts in the College of Communication, Fine Arts and Media at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. (Addendums IX-A-1 and IX-A-2)
· The naming of the new ambulatory clinic building the “Lauritzen Outpatient Center” and the outpatient surgery section of the building the “Fritch Surgery Center” at UNMC. (Addendum IX-B-2)
· The program statement and budget for the C.Y. Thompson Learning Commons at UNL. (Addendum IX-B-3)
· The program statement and budget for the addition to the College of Law Clinics at UNL. (Addendum IX-B-4)
· Funding for tenant improvements in the Food Innovation Center for classrooms and student gathering areas, and for build-out of additional greenhouse bays at Nebraska Innovation Campus. (Addendum IX-B-5)
· A resolution authorizing expenditures for capital improvements for Campus Recreation, Nebraska Unions and University Housing facilities at UNL. (Addendum IX-B-7)
Director of Communications University of Nebraska