COVID-19 UPDATE: NU is open. Faculty/staff are working in-person and campuses are open for in-person learning this fall.MORE INFO
Fall 2021 COVID-19 Protocols
Updated July 22, 2021
As it continues to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Nebraska system and its campuses have announced protocols for the fall 2021 semester. Protocols are subject to change depending on local health conditions.
Key system-level points include:
- The University of Nebraska system will return to most pre-pandemic operations for fall 2021, including full, in-person, on-campus learning and a full return to in-person work.
- COVID-19 vaccination is not required for students or employees.
- Vaccine status disclosure is not required for students or employees.
- COVID-19 testing is not required for students or employees.
- Face coverings are not required for students or employees.
University of Nebraska campuses may adopt individual COVID-19 protocols in collaboration with their local public health departments based on current health conditions. Campuses have implemented the following protocols:
|Campus||Vaccine Status Disclosure||Testing||Face Coverings|
|UNL||Voluntary upload to campus registry.||Weekly saliva-based testing required for unvaccinated individuals upon return to campus.||Required for unvaccinated individuals.|
|UNO||Voluntary upload to 1-Check UNO app.||Not required.||Required for unvaccinated individuals, those onboard campus shuttles/buses, those in laboratories, and those in some music courses.|
|UNK||Not required.||Not required.||Not required.|
As an academic health science center with clinical partners, some specialized requirements exist at UNMC. Individuals choosing to remain unvaccinated or unwilling to document their vaccination status may be denied the opportunity to participate in clinical rotations and other activities at UNMC partner institutions. Additionally, masks will be required for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, in campus hospitals and clinical facilities.
For complete, detailed information, please visit the campus COVID-19 response websites: