Institutional Research & PlanningThe University of Nebraska’s Office of Institutional Research and Planning collects, analyzes and interprets data and information to support reporting, planning and decision-making. The office works with campus institutional research offices to:
- Develop and maintain consistent data definitions
- Develop analytical comparability standards for both campus-level and university-wide applications
- Share information and analyses with university leadership, including the Board of Regents, president, chancellors and other senior officials
- Make effective use of national data sources, including the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), the National Center for Educational Statistics, the Common Data Set and the Data Warehouse.
- Maintain and manage reports, factbook, and information on students, faculty, staff, academic programs, national trends, and peer institutions.
- Support the University of Nebraska's Strategic Framework process by assisting in development of standards and metrics that measure progress toward goals established by the Board of Regents.