The university’s most prestigious awards for teaching, research and engagement recognize individual faculty members and one academic department whose work has had a significant impact on students, the university and the state. Winners are selected by a committee of faculty members—and in the case of the engagement award, community members—and receive a monetary prize, a presidential medallion and an engraved plaque. The President’s Faculty Excellence Awards include:
- The Outstanding Research and Creative Activity Award (ORCA) honors members of the University of Nebraska faculty who have conducted outstanding research or creative activity of national/international significance. The winner is awarded $10,000.
- The Outstanding Teaching and Instructional Creativity Award (OTICA) honors members of the University of Nebraska faculty who have developed meritorious and sustained records of excellence in teaching and creativity related to teaching. The winner is awarded $10,000.
- The Innovation, Development, and Engagement Award (IDEA) honors members of the University of Nebraska faculty who have extended their academic expertise beyond the boundaries of the University in ways that have enriched the broader community. The winner is awarded $10,000.
- The University-wide Departmental Teaching Award (UDTA) honors a department/unit at the University of Nebraska which has outstanding esprit de corps in its dedication to the education of students at the undergraduate, graduate, or professional levels. The honored department is awarded $25,000.
- 2017/2018 President’s Faculty Excellence Awards – Application Packet
- Application Portal and Sign in Directions
- Directions for ORCA Reviewers (Nominator sends to recruited reviewers)
- Directions for IDEA Reviewers (Nominator sends to recruited reviewers)
- 2017/2018 Deadlines – President’s Faculty Excellence Awards