COVID-19 UPDATE: NU is open. Faculty/staff are working in-person and campuses are open for in-person learning this spring.MORE INFO
What is Procure-to-Pay (P2P)?@headingTag>
Procure-to-Pay (P2P) is a business process that begins with the need to purchase (or procure) goods or services from a supplier qualified to conduct business with the University and ends with an authorized payment to that supplier.
A high-performing P2P process creates strategic value by integrating people, process and technology best practices—in support of university goals and objectives. Technology applications can refocus labor resources and support policy compliance for purchases, order receiving and reconciliation, and invoice processing and payment.
Why Implement P2P at NU?@headingTag>
The P2P Initiative will structure and align resources from Procurement and Payment departments across the NU system.
These departments will support a center-led procure-to-pay operating model and provide leadership and strategic direction to purchasing initiatives.
This operating model allows NU to make targeted investments while significantly improving customer service, reduce risk and bring greater quality to campus communities.
- Standardized, consistent policies and best-practice procedures.
- Focus on strategies that leverage NU's scale and generate cost savings.
- Collaboration between procurement and payment, leading to more efficient processes and improved supply chain management.
- Improved administration and training support across the NU system.
- Shared business intelligence capabilities to analyze spend at campus and system levels and make data-driven decisions.
- Maximized use of electronic tools and technology solutions.