The University of Nebraska Board of Regents will meet Friday, April 9, 2021, at Nebraska Innovation Campus, 2021 Transformation Drive on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus. Meeting activities begin at 9 a.m. in the Innovation Campus Conference Center. The meeting is open to the public and will be live-streamed at www.nebraska.edu.
A detailed agenda for Friday’s meeting is available here.
The meeting will lead off with a legislative update from Sen. Mike Hilgers, Speaker of the Legislature.
NU System President Ted Carter will recognize the Agriculture Builders of Nebraska, recipients of the 2020 Presidential Medal of Service. The four outgoing student regents – Max Beal of the University of Nebraska at Kearney, Roni Miller of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Jabin Moore of the University of Nebraska at Omaha and Tom Schroeder of the University of Nebraska Medical Center – also will be honored.
Items for the Board’s consideration include:
- Revisions to regents bylaws related to administrative leave, and revisions to regents bylaws related to Nebraska Extension personnel. (Addendum XI-A-1 and Addendum XI-A-2)
- Creation of a Center for Biomedical Informatics Research and Innovation, to be jointly administered by the University of Nebraska Medical Center and University of Nebraska at Omaha. (Addendum XI-A-8)
- Establishment of the Samuel Bak Academic Learning Center at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, and acceptance of a gift of 512 paintings from Samuel Bak to establish the Bak Museum at UNO. (Addendum XI-A-9 and Addendum XI-B-10)
- Revisions to regents policy regarding endowment investments. (Addendum XI-B-1)
- An agreement between the University of Nebraska Medical Center and Children’s Hospital & Medical Center to partner on pediatric medical care, education and research. (Addendum XI-B-9)