Space Management is responsible for tracking and assigning all of the University’s 750 plus buildings and 22 million square feet of space to colleges, departments, and units. We assist in finding and approving additional space and relinquish existing space. We provide space recommendations for increased efficiency. If you have changes to your assigned space, or you need additional space, submitting a Space Change/Request form is the first step.
In addition, Space Management creates and maintains AutoCAD standards, updates building floor plans, manages all interior building signage and room numbering, and also manages archiving historical building data and project documentation.
Space Management also works with Campus Planning, collaborating on small- and large-scale planning efforts and providing Campus Planning with supporting data for that planning.
- Maintains NU's Computer Aided Facilities Management space data inventory and reporting system and reports to several entities
- Coordinates allocation of space across NU’s campuses and plans and coordinates moves
- Performs strategic space planning and space needs assessments
- Works with campus leadership to develop space planning guidelines and space data standards
- Develops and implements comprehensive space data analysis and space utilization programs (classroom utilization)
- Builds“base” floor plan updates for all campus buildings
- Maintains AutoCAD and Building Information Modeling (BIM) standards
- Coordinates and manages interior building signage
- Manages cell tower upgrades
- Coordinates all room numbering for new and existing buildings
- Provides historical building data and project documentation