Engineering provides technical stewardship and expertise in support of the natural and built environment. The engineering team is comprised of professional engineers and technicians who have hands-on responsibility for university electrical and mechanical engineering, controls and instrumentation, civil and structural engineering, and HVAC needs, among others. Engineering has a valuable depth of technical knowledge and expertise, built over time and specific to the University of Nebraska’s complex physical plant.
- Engineering oversight of major capital construction projects
- In-house engineering design services
- Project management of engineering-focused capital construction projects
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for geospatial data associated with underground utilities, landscape features, roads, walks, etc.
- Maintenance of campus construction design guidelines and standard specifications
- Engineering support services for Utilities and Building Systems Maintenance (BSM)