UNO Chancellor Search Advisory Committee
President Hank Bounds has named a 15-member advisory committee to assist him in the national search for the next UNO chancellor. The committee includes representatives of the faculty, staff, students and the community – all key constituencies with whom the UNO chancellor regularly interacts. Committee members will work with Bounds and the search firm to identify, recruit, assess and recommend a rich and diverse pool of chancellor candidates.
The search committee will be co-chaired by Theresa Barron-McKeagney, associate dean of UNO’s College of Public Affairs and Community Service, and Michael Yanney, chairman emeritus of The Burlington Capital Group LLC and a leader of Omaha’s business and philanthropic communities. Other committee members are:
- Phani Tej Adidam, chair, UNO Department of Marketing & Entrepreneurship
- Alex Bauer, graduate assistant, UNO Service Learning Academy
- Heidi Blackburn, assistant professor, UNO Criss Library
- Patrick Davlin, UNO student body president and student regent
- Nancy Edick, dean, UNO College of Education
- Washington Garcia, director, UNO School of Music
- Cecil Hicks Jr., UNO assistant vice chancellor for human resources
- Jay Irwin, UNO associate professor of sociology
- Jaci Lindburg, UNO assistant director for digital learning
- Mitch Pirnie, energy group general counsel, Kiewit Corp.
- Yong Shi, UNO professor of information systems and quantitative analysis
- Deborah Smith-Howell, UNO associate vice chancellor for academic and student affairs and dean of graduate studies
- Bob Woody, UNO Faculty Senate president and professor of psychology