The Nebraska Research Initiative is an investment by the State of Nebraska to provide a research base within the University of Nebraska to enhance economic growth in business and industry, agriculture, social services and health care.
Research conducted with NRI funding is focused on the following areas:
- Nanotechnology and Materials Science
- Water and Environmental Management
- Sustainable and Renewable Energy
- Molecular Genetics
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Development and Management of Information Systems
All full-time faculty members of the University of Nebraska are eligible to apply for NRI faculty research funding. Intercampus proposals are strongly encouraged. Funding may be requested for up to two years. The amount of support requested should not exceed $100,000 over a two-year period. Annual total funding for all NRI projects averages $11 million.
Grant Opportunities and Forms:
- Faculty Grants
- Equipment Purchase (Reporting Form)
- Core Research Facilities (Reporting Instructions, Existing Core Budget Template, New Core Budget Request Template)
For additional information, please contact Dr. David Jackson, Vice Provost at (402) 472-0075 or firstname.lastname@example.org