University of Nebraska Risk AppetiteThe following risk tolerances were adopted January 23, 2014 and modified October 2, 2018 by the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee to provide a framework for the amount and type of risk the University is willing to take in order to meet its strategic objectives.
- High tolerance for risks in the pursuit of innovative and breakthrough research, scholarship and public engagement.
- High tolerance for strategic risk-taking that enhances instructional quality or student experience.
- High tolerance for strategic risk-taking that promotes productivity, creativity and reputation.
- Moderate risk tolerance for rewarded financial risk.
- Low tolerance for risks arising from inappropriate discharge of fiduciary responsibilities.
- Low tolerance for risks that undermine the actual safety, or the perception of safety, of our students, faculty, staff or visitors.
- Low tolerance for intentional non-compliance with laws or regulations.
- Very Low tolerance for risks arising from inappropriate or unauthorized release or use of sensitive data, including financial, research, student or intellectual property data.