Board of Regents Meeting – April 24, 2009
Following are highlights of the April meeting. A complete agenda is available here.
8:00 a.m. - Reports will be presented in the Academic Affairs Committee on student learning assessment.
9:15 a.m. (approximate) - The Outreach and Economic Development Committee will hear an update on entrepreneurship.
10:30 a.m. (approximate) - The Business Affairs Committee will review a preliminary 2010-11 budget, discuss graduate and professional tuition, review the Strategic Framework measure relating to faculty merit compensation, and hear an update on Innovation Campus at UNL.
The Board agenda includes consideration of:
- A report on new program and facilities fees for all campuses, and approval of new residence hall rates at UNK and UNO
- Approval of the charter of the Board’s Audit Committee and formalization of the reporting relationship of the university's Internal Auditor to the president for administrative purposes, and to the Board of Regents for functional purposes
- A new bachelor of science degree in Information Technology Innovation at UNO
- Approval of the collective bargaining agreement between the university and the UNK Education Association
- Approval of an agreement for Follett Higher Education Group to lease, operate and manage the UNK bookstore
- Approval of Sheldon Haymarket, a new branch of the Sheldon Museum of Art to be located in the former University of Nebraska Press distribution facility at 9th and R Streets in Lincoln
- Approval of a new policy of the Board relating to the Red Flag Identity Theft Prevention Program, designed to reduce the risk of identity theft relating to student and patient accounts
- Approval of the Kit and Dick Schmoker Reading Center at UNL, which will meet the need for quality literacy instruction for children struggling with reading and writing
- Naming of floors and rooms in the Durham Research Center II at UNMC