The Nebraska P-16 Initiative
is a coalition of 26 Nebraska organizations in education, business, and government that strives to improve success rates for Nebraska students at every level, preschool through college. One of 30 states that now have P-16 programs, Nebraska concentrates on:
- Helping all students reach their full potential
- Improving coordination among the various sectors of education
- Increasing two and four-year college-going rates
- Helping students develop the core skills needed to succeed in careers
- Improving Nebraska's economic competitiveness by helping keep more well-educated people in the state.
The University of Nebraska is one of the senior partners in the operation of Nebraska P-16, along with the Nebraska Department of Education
and EducationQuest Foundation
, a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to increase accessibility to college for all Nebraska students.