About the President’s Advisory Council
The University of Nebraska President’s Advisory Council (PAC) is an invitation-only group who serves in an advisory capacity to the University of Nebraska president. PAC members are not just advisors; they are also ambassadors and advocates. There are around 100 members of the council representing Nebraska’s 49 legislative districts.
Members come from communities across the state and have varied backgrounds and experiences, but they share an interest in the University and its impact on our state. Members serve a three-year term and meet with the President twice a year in the spring and fall to discuss current issues, learn about key University initiatives, and offer advice. The spring meeting occurs during the legislative session, and includes state senators.
In addition to the two annual meetings, PAC members receive updates from the President throughout the year via mail and email. Along with providing advice, members also serve as ambassadors and advocates for the University of Nebraska in their home communities and to their state policymakers.
Below is more information for and about members of this group.
President’s Advisory Council Meeting Information
PAC Spring 2015 Meeting Material
- PAC Spring 2015 Meeting Agenda
- Dr. Ronnie Green – IANR: Living in 2015, but Thinking in 2050
- Chancellor Douglas Kristensen – UNK Momentum
- Dean Donde Plowman – UNL College of Business Update
- Deb Smith-Howell – UNO Barbara Weitz Community Engagement Center & Service Learning Academy
- Dr. Jim Linder & Dr. Dele Davies – UNMC Global Center for Advanced Interprofessional Learning
PAC Fall 2014 Meeting Material
- PAC Fall 2014 Meeting Agenda
- Dr. Linder - Opening Discussion
- Chris Kabourek - 2014 Budget Request
- Mary Niemiec - NU Online Worldwide
- Dr. Gold - Ebola in Nebraska
- Brian Hastings - Campaign for Nebraska
- NU Statewide Marketing Campaign Message
- Dr. Gold - New Integrated Clinical Enterprise
Supplemental PAC Materials