Nebraska P-16 InitiativeThe Nebraska P-16 Initiative is a coalition of 26 Nebraska organizations in education, business, and government that strives to improve success rates for Nebraska students at every level, preschool through college. One of 30 states that now have P-16 programs, Nebraska concentrates on:
- Helping all students reach their full potential
- Improving coordination among the various sectors of education
- Increasing two and four-year college-going rates
- Helping students develop the core skills needed to succeed in careers
- Improving Nebraska's economic competitiveness by helping keep more well-educated people in the state.